MediaToday
News | Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Regus membership program gives recession-hit companies competitive advantage

BusinessWorld, a revolutionary new cost-slashing product from Regus, is providing unexpected benefits for companies identifying new opportunities to thrive during these troubled economic times.
Regus Group (LSE: RGU), the leading global provider of workplace solutions, launched BusinessWorld on the cusp of the global economic meltdown. It offers immediate access to professional day offices, business lounges and cafés in more than 600 locations worldwide.
In six months membership has exploded with 200,000 individuals and 10,000 companies worldwide having signed up for one of four unique BusinessWorld membership packages that support mobile professionals. Buoyed by the early success of the program, Regus estimates it will have one million BusinessWorld members by the end of 2009.
“When we launched BusinessWorld we had no idea a global economic crisis of this magnitude would hit, but this innovative product is providing significant business benefits,” said Mark Dixon, Regus group chief executive officer. “Despite the recessionary environment business is still getting done and money is still being made. The companies that will thrive are those that seek out and seize new opportunities. Whether it’s expanding into new markets or streamlining existing real estate investments our BusinessWorld program gives members a unique competitive advantage – access to a physical business presence just about anywhere business gets done, at a reasonable cost.”
Dixon added “Until now there hasn’t been a product that gives today’s rapidly growing mobile workforce instant access to professional, private office space anywhere in the world their business takes them, for as little as $30 a day. BusinessWorld provides mobile workers with all the tools they need to remain productive while on the road.”
Market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that the number of mobile workers worldwide will reach one billion by 2011. Regus is the only company delivering the right product in the right place at the right time to help them compete in the current economic climate.
Frequent international business traveler Andy Abramson, founder and CEO of marketing and social communications agency Communicano, Inc, is just one BusinessWorld member who is reaping the benefits.
“My Regus BusinessWorld card is as important to me as my credit cards,” said Abramson. “I rely on Regus business centers across the world to help me meet with clients and stay productive while on the road. All of my employees are virtual workers with no central office, but with the BusinessWorld card we can access a professional office at any time – while dramatically reducing overhead. The money we could have spent on office space and furnishings now goes to the team instead – and they’re our most important asset, especially in these uncertain times. ”
Mr Jan Karl Farrugia, General Manager of Regus Malta, said that since the start of the Malta operations, the interest for the various options that Regus offers to the local businesses and also to international businesses to expand operations was very positive. Regus offers the businesses the chance to focus more on their operations.
To find out more visit www.regus.com/malta

PRINT THIS ARTICLE

Other News

Police ready to arraign VAT fraud suspects

Foiled hold-up on HSBC

Moody’s keeps mum on Malta visit

Employee wins €125,000 in injury compensation

Interest-free Charge Cards launched in Malta

First RyanAir Madrid flight lands

COLA, competitiveness and inflation: the economists’ verdict

Are we good at being EU members?

Tourism and the Environment – in the national interest

Investing in a stronger, greener and more competitive economy

New Appointment at GlobalCapital

Commonwealth-sponsored African delegation trains in Malta

Captive and Funds Management conference in November

GasanMamo Insurance with a new Hamrun branch

The Malta Institute of Cultural Studies launched

Regus membership program gives recession-hit companies competitive advantage

Express Trailers partners with DHL Cold Chain to serve the pharmaceutical industry

The last Samurai

15 July 2009
ISSUE NO. 590

Malta Today

illum

Collaborating partners:

www.german-maltese.com

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 07, Malta, Europe Tel. ++356 21382741, Fax: ++356 21385075
Managing Editor: Saviour Balzan